This is a webcast recorded from a live event that took place in November 2013. This is one of four presentations conducted that day which consisted of a program entitled “Brain Injury: Rehab Challenges and Optimizing Outcomes.” This particular module focuses on aging with a brain injury. Objectives are: describe incidence and prevalence of work-related Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) in older adults; describe the impact of TBI on older adults and the potential for early onset dementia; and identify key issues of aging with brain injury for those injured at a younger age.
Course is approved for 1.0 continuing education unit-CEU-contact hour to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.