This is a webcast recorded from a live event that took place in November 2013. This is one of the presentations conducted that day which consisted of a program entitled “Brain Injury: Rehab Challenges and Optimizing Outcomes.” This particular module represents a case study and is presented by an actual Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) patient and her spouse, who share their journey of diagnosis and phases of rehabilitation from the patient and family point of view. Objectives are: identify with a TBI patient and her husband’s experience related to the delayed diagnosis of TBI; identify the rehabilitation phases and benefits and fallout effects described in this case; describe some of the emotional and psychological issues faced by the patient and her spouse as a result of TBI; and describe some of the residual and ongoing challenges and lessons learned.
Course is approved for 1.25 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition
Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A.
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.