Course objectives include: list characteristics of the active dying process; explain the etiology of five signs and symptoms of active dying; explain the importance of managing signs and symptoms; and describe treatment for three common physical symptoms at end of life.
Course is approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.