This course provides an overview of concepts related to cultural competency and LGBTQ sensitivity in a long term care setting. By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain why it is important to gain further knowledge about LGBT persons
- Recite the facts of the laws pertaining to the LGBT population in long term care
- Discuss challenges faced by LGBT seniors
- Identify opportunities regarding quality of life and marketing
- Identify solutions through awareness through training of staff and becoming a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment
Course is approved for 1.0 CEUs/contact hours for Certified Nurse Assistants (CNA) in California. Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.
Per California Department of Public Health regulations, a time/pause mechanism must be incorporated in this online program. Navigation within this course is restricted in that each slide must be viewed in its entirety before advancing to the next slide. Learners must view each slide and click the next button to advance in the course.
Certificates are available for download or printing immediately upon completion and transcripts will be available for 1-year from the date of enrollment.
This course is approved for LGBT under the following Core of Knowledge: Cultural Competency and Sensitivity to Aging LGBT Community.
There are no reviews yet.