This advanced course offers learners the opportunity to: identify the salient laws and regulations related to the CA workers’ comp system; describe functions of case management relative to other involved parties; describe the rationale for using case management; and apply case management concepts to workers’ comp case scenarios. Learners should have some basic knowledge of case management concepts prior to taking this course.
Course is approved for 5.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category C
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters.
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.