This is a WEBCAST of a seminar hosted by CareerSmart Learning on October 10, 2012 in Pasadena, CA. The seminar consisted of two expert panelists, Alex Swedlow of the CA Workers’ Comp Institute and Dr. Steven Feinberg. Objectives include: describe “opioid dilemma” in context of workers’ compensation; list three guidelines for treatment of chronic pain; and describe ways in which claims professionals and case managers can better promote adherence to guidelines.
Course is approved for 1.25 CE/Contact Hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition
Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before March 31, 2024.