Course objectives include: define sepsis, severe sepsis, and septic shock; describe the clinical manifestations of the effect of sepsis on the human body; explain how sepsis is diagnosed; describe the treatments for sepsis; and identify the risk factors for sepsis.
Course is approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing
Education Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.