This is an advanced course about Specialized Nutrition Support and Ethical Considerations, also known as Artificial Nutrition and Hydration of patients or residents. Course objectives are: define specialized nutrition support; describe the normal nutritional needs of the body; identify the two types of specialized nutrition support commonly used in a healthcare environment; list the implications for initiation of specialized nutrition support; describe potential complications of specialized nutrition support; and apply ethical principles to specialized nutrition support.
Course is approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Course is approved for 2.5 ethics hours for Nurses, CCM, CRC, and CDMS. Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.