This is an advanced course on TBI. Learners will achieve the following objectives: identify basic brain anatomy and describe the functions of each region of the brain; differentiate between traumatic brain injuries and non-traumatic brain injuries; explain the classifications of brain injuries and describe the characteristics of mild, moderate, and severe brain injuries; define different types of brain injuries; discuss various treatment options for brain injuries; and describe suggested methods for prevention of TBIs.
Course is approved for 5.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.