This course provides an advanced overview of bullying in the healthcare environment. It is appropriate for healthcare workers who need safety training on this topic, continuing education on this topic, or for any other professionals or members of the public interested in learning more on this topic. Learners will achieve the following objectives: define workplace bullying and related terms; identify the prevalence of bullying among healthcare employees; recognize the factors in healthcare that perpetuate bullying; summarize interventions to decrease workplace bullying; and describe regulatory and legislative efforts to reduce bullying.
Course is approved for 4.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category C
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.