This advanced course on diabetes diet management can be taken as Part 3 of a series or on its own. Course objectives are: describe how the intake of dietary carbohydrates can have a direct influence on an individual’s blood glucose levels; differentiate between the various diet therapies used in management of type I, type II, and gestational diabetes; describe how to modify nutrient intake of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and fibers to prevent and treat common complications of diabetes; and identify how diabetic complications can arise due to the lack of dietary management.
Approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.