Last modified: April 16, 2020
Career Smart Learning, a wholly owned division of ISYS Solutions, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.careersmart.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising or applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you contact us through any means including in person (e.g., at a conference), in writing, or via telephone.
It does not apply to information collected:
- through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website; or
- from a publicly available source.
Third-Party Payment Processor
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at info@CareerSmart.com or 877-479-7338.
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website or when contacting us may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, completing your profile, or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, company name, job title, professional license number, certification numbers, and any other personally-identifiable information you choose to provide us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, for example, through the message board.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website. We do not collect your personal financial information you provide in order to place an order or make a payments. For more information, please see the Third-Party Payment Processor” section of this policy.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, read pages, download information, or view content, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, internet service provider (for example “companyX.com”) and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is aggregated with data collected automatically from other users We may maintain automatically collected data or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Do Not Track
DNT is a concept that has been promoted by regulatory agencies such as the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing Internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites by using browser settings. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has been working with industry groups, Internet browsers, technology companies, and regulators to develop a DNT technology standard. While some progress has been made, it has been slow. No standard has been adopted to this date. We do not alter our practices when receiving “do not track” signals from a visitor’s browser.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.]
Third-Party Platforms & Data Sharing Practices
Social Media Links
This Website may contain links to other sites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. We are not responsible for the privacy of such other sites. Our users should be aware then they leave our side to read the policy statements of each website that collects their personally identifiable information.
We use Google Analytics to analyze traffic to this Website, Google Analytics works by automatically sending certain information to Google. This includes, for example, the web address of the page that you’re visiting and your IP address. Google may also set cookies on your browser or read cookies that are already there. For more information on how Google obtains and uses data when you use this Website, please review the Google’s policy at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Absorb Learning Management System/Absorb Software Inc.
Cloud-Based Video Conferencing Services
The CareerSmart Learning system is integrated with or may otherwise interact with third party applications, websites, and services (“Third Party Applications”) such as Zoom to make the Live Class, Seminar or Webinar available to you. These Third-Party Applications may have their own terms and conditions of use and privacy policies and your use of these Third-Party Applications will be governed by and subject to such terms and conditions and privacy policies. You understand and agree that CareerSmart Learning does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for the behavior, features, or content of any Third Party Application or for any transaction you may enter into with the provider of any such Third Party Applications, nor does CareerSmart Learning warrant the compatibility or continuing compatibility of the Third-Party Applications with the Service.
Webinars and other live, virtual classroom trainings may be recorded for internal quality control purposes and may also be rebroadcast as webcast style online continuing education offerings on the CareerSmart Learning platform.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please “unsubscribe” from any emails you receive. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We will securely store collected information for no more than six years, unless otherwise required by law.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- To a successor in interest in the event we are bought, sold, or otherwise transferred to a new owner.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Career Smart, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Sponsored Content. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties in exchange for access to Sponsored Content, you can opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any email. By opting out, you may not be granted access to the Sponsored Content.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any email. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may also send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. To protect your information, if the authenticity of the request cannot be reasonably verified, the request will be denied.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: 2601 Saturn Street, Suite 300, Brea, CA 92821. After taking reasonable steps to verify the authenticity of your request, we will provide the requested information within a reasonable period of time.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to help protect the security of commerce transactions. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Please see the “Third Party Payment Processor” section regarding the data security of your financial transaction.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
2601 Saturn Street, Suite 300
Brea, CA 92821
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org