At CareerSmart® Learning, we believe in excellence in customer service and “hugging” our customers, whether in the form of support to our learners, support to our team members, and support to our community. We have multiple causes to whom we provide community support and frequently champion causes recommended by our team members. We also give support to immediate and local needs, such as the Girl Scouts, local sports teams, animal shelters, or drives to assist with donations for natural disasters.
There is one cause in particular that we hold close to our hearts. We are committed to contributing routinely to mental health and wellness in our community. Specifically, we devote time and resources to support our homeless and veterans populations, which we perceive to be a grossly underserved segment of our populations in need.
Thus, CareerSmart is a proud partner of the Mental Health Association (MHA) of Orange County which provides outreach, housing, outpatient, and wellness services to improve the quality of life of those suffering from mental illness. Ways in which we support MHA include:
- Sponsoring an annual holiday gift wrapping booth where our employees volunteer time and supplies to raise money for MHA
- Sponsoring food booths at local festivals to raise money for MHA
- Providing creative design and technical support to assist in MHA’s fundraising efforts
- Underwriting a portion of the MHA thrift store, which provides job training opportunities for consumers and income for the homeless drop-in center
- Financial donations to support the MHA homeless and veterans outreach programs and their community education efforts
- Funding the purchase of a van to aid in their homeless outreach efforts
- Annual collection drive of clothing and toiletries for homeless and veterans program distribution