This course is offered jointly with Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles, who is the joint provider. Objectives of this course include
- Describe the underlying causes of challenging behaviors of a person with dementia
- Identify how to use a family-centered approach when working with families
- Describe how to utilize the 3-step strategy (IDEA) to reduce and effectively manage behavioral symptoms
- Identify principles of effective and compassionate communication
- Identify the importance of using non-pharmacological approaches when managing behavioral symptoms.
Approved for 2.0 CEUs/contact hours for Nurses (all states), Certified Case Managers (CCM), Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC), Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS), and Social Workers (NASW). Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.