The following objectives will be achieved through this course: describe the prevalence of falls among the older adult population; describe some of the implications of falls among older adults; identify common risk factors for falls; and identify at least three intervention strategies to promote fall prevention.
Course is approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing
Education Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.