This course provides an advanced overview of latex and its allergenic properties. Learners will will be able to: describe latex and how it is made; identify potential allergens at home and work; recognize prevalence of latex allergies and risk factors for sensitivity; identify types of allergic reactions; and list guidelines for managing and preventing latex allergies at work and/or with patients.
Approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.