This is an advanced course on pain management with the following objectives: utilize pain assessment measures to implement and manage appropriate treatment for identified impairments; choose standardized pain outcome profiles in clinical practices to effectively and efficiently interpret, monitor, and measure change in a patient’s status over time; identify the two most commonly measured constructs of pain in a clinical setting; differentiate between pain measurement tools used for acute and chronic pain; justify therapeutic interventions to other members of the health care team through proper documentation; and list six factors that contribute to pain.
Approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.