This course provides an overview of the various types of Eating Disorders and medical nutrition therapy associated with treating these disorders. It is appropriate not only for healthcare workers, social service professionals and counselors, but also for patients, families, and others interested in learning more on this topic. Course objectives include: Identify different types of eating disorders; differentiate between diagnostic criteria of Anorexia, Bulimia, and Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified; identify nutritional implications and complications, and recognize treatment standards.
Course is approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.