The purpose of this course is to familiarize healthcare professionals with the effects of stress on the brain and body and to provide tools for the prevention of caregiver burnout. By the end of the course, learners will be able to: 1) define the general concept of stress, 2) describe 3 effects of chronic stress on the brain, 3) describe 3 effects of chronic stress on the body systems, 4) explain 3 potential strategies that may be used for self-care and with patients/residents in order to decrease the negative effects of chronic stress.
This course is approved for 1 continuing education unit-CEU-contact hour for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category C
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Participants must pass final quiz with score of 80% or higher; may re-take as often as needed.