This course provides a rich introduction to Ethics in Healthcare. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: define ethics and ethical considerations unique to healthcare; describe the four prima facie principles of health care ethics; discuss additional concepts important to healthcare ethics; examine ethical concepts related to the current healthcare climate; and examine ethical concepts related to classic ethics scenarios.
Course is approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition
Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Course is approved for 2.5 ethics credits for Nurses, CCM, CRC, and NASW. Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.