This is a WEBCAST of a seminar that was hosted by CareerSmart Learning. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: 1) Recognize the prevalence and the psychosocial impact on disability; 2) Describe the 5 basic emotions (Joy, Anger, Disgust, Fear and Sadness) and the influences on injury recovery from the various perspectives of all involved in a claim; 3) Identify how understanding emotions and relationship building enhances decision making and overall disability management outcome.
This course is approved for 2 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- California Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters (WC CA)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.