By the end of this course, caregivers will be able to:
- Define mobility and why safe transportation is important for aging adults.
- Recognize relevant laws and regulations in transportation and long-term care communities.
- Identify essential transportation safety, accessibility, and reliability best practices, and appropriate types of vehicles.
- Apply appropriate outing assessment and safety skills in transferring individuals into vehicles.
- Describe the unique transportation safety considerations for older adults with dementia or other cognitive impairments.
This course is intended to contribute to caregiver and/or staff training in the categories of Dementia Care. Learners must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed.