The courses in this bundle are intended to meet the annual requirements for medication training required in California Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE), per the California Health and Safety Code.
Course topics include:
- Medication Management Basics (1.5 hours)
- Medication Management Laws and Regulations (1.5 hours)
- Medications Commonly Prescribed for Persons with Dementia (1.0 hour)
- Antibiotics and Infection Control in Older Adults (2.0 hours)
- Medication Considerations for End of Life (1.0 hour)
- Pain Management in Older Adults (1.0 hour)
- Medication Training Test
Learners may choose to print individual certificates for each course and will also receive a Medication Training Certificate of Completion that will include ALL of the documentation needed (including subjects, hours completed, and hands-on shadowing documentation) to demonstrate compliance with the training requirements of Section 1565.69 of the CA Health and Safety Code. These certificates can be used to verify compliance to Licensing or your LPA. This certificate should be placed in the employee’s file or record to demonstrate compliance and competence to assist residents with medications.
This training was developed by a skilled medical professional, Angie Jung, RN, BSN, CRRN, CCM, RCFE, and reviewed by the CareerSmart Curriculum Development Review Committee made up of professionals including skilled medical professionals as well as licensed RCFE Administrators to ensure the content complied with California laws and regulations and industry best practices.