This course provides practical guidelines for recognizing, treating, and preventing caregiver burnout in a long term care setting. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: define who a caregiver is; define what burnout means in context of caregiving; recognize signs of caregiver burnout; explain the relationship between burnout and abuse; and describe techniques for prevention of burnout.
Course is approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition Point(s) (
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category C
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
Learners must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.