Course objectives include: explain the basics of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA); identify the basic elements of the Privacy Rule and how it impacts employees in health care settings; describe the penalties for HIPAA violations; and analyze HIPAA in the context of case studies.
Course is approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters.
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.