This course provides advanced information on infection control challenges in long term care. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: describe the factors that lead to infections in long term care facilities; define and discuss the term “Multidrug Resistant Organisms” or MDRO; identify some common MDROs in the long term care setting and how they are transmitted; state at least four signs and symptoms of MDRO infections with long term care residents; discuss the consequences of MDROs for patients, healthcare workers, and the general population; provide resources and tools to assist in preventing the spread of MDROs in long term care facilities.
Course is approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.