This course provides an overview of concepts related to cultural competency and LGBTQ sensitivity in a long term care setting. By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain why it is important to gain further knowledge about LGBT persons
- Recite the facts of the laws pertaining to the LGBT population in long term care
- Discuss challenges faced by LGBT seniors
- Identify opportunities regarding quality of life and marketing
- Identify solutions through awareness through training of staff and becoming a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment
This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 1.25 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS—Approval #20220324-1.25-A73107-DL.This course applies to the following professions:
- Nursing Home Administrators (all states)
- Residential Care/Assisted Living Administrators (most states)
Learners must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.
Certificates available for download or printing immediately upon completion and transcripts will be available for 1-year from the date of enrollment.
States that do not accept NAB/NCERS approval for assisted living include California, District of Columbia, Maryland, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Washington. It is your responsibility to verify that your state board will accept continuing education credits approved by NAB. If you are a California RCFE Administrator, you can access our CA RCFE Administrator CEU catalog.