This is an advanced course on AIDS-related cancers. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: describe the epidemiology, biology, and treatments for HIV and AIDS and how AIDS impacts certain types of cancer development; list the common types of AIDS-related cancers and define how the use of highly active antiretroviral therapy has affected cancer rates in these patients; identify AIDS-related Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and subtypes of lymphoma found in AIDS patients; define Kaposi Sarcoma, its symptoms, diagnosis, staging, and treatment options; describe invasive cervical cancer in female AIDS patients; and discuss the need for early detection for AIDS-related cancers.
Course is approved for 2.5 CE/Contact Hour for the following professionals:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): Meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy
- Continuing Education Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- Social Workers (NASW)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before March 31, 2024.