This is an advanced course on AIDS related cancers. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: describe the epidemiology, biology, and treatments for HIV and AIDS and how AIDS impacts certain types of cancer development; list the common types of AIDS related cancers and define how the use of highly active anti-retroviral therapy has affected cancer rates in these patients; identify AIDS related Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and subtypes of lymphoma found in AIDS patients; define Kaposi Sarcoma, its symptoms, diagnosis, staging, and treatment options; describe invasive cervical cancer in female AIDS patients; and discuss the need for early detection for AIDS related cancers.
Course is approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professionals:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): Meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing
Education Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.