This is a webcast recorded from a live event that took place in November 2013. This is one of four presentations conducted that day which consisted of a program entitled “Brain Injury: Rehab Challenges and Optimizing Outcomes.” This particular module focuses on the rehabilitation of slow-to-recover brain injury patients. Objectives are: describe the philosophy of rehabilitation, levels of brain injury, and prognosis for rehabilitation; identify complications associated with slow-to-recover brain injuries; identify appropriate rehabilitation candidates, treatment options, and goals for lower functioning patients; and identify appropriate placement options and services offered by a congregate living health facility.
Course is approved for 1.0 continuing education unit-CEU-contact hour to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists ( CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.