This advanced course on diabetes medications can be taken as Part 2 of a series or on its own. Course objectives are: identify two main goals of diabetic medication management and hyperglycemia management; describe various methods of insulin administration, types of insulin and rationale behind sliding scale; illustrate at least four types of action for oral diabetic agents; and identify at least two non-diabetic types of medication for management of long term disease.
Approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.