This advanced course on Diabetes Mellitus: Pathophysiology can be taken as Part 1 of a series or on its own. Course objectives are: define Type I and II Diabetes; describe normal metabolism of carbohydrates; compare pathogenesis and incidence of Type I and II Diabetes; describe common diabetic crises; describe effects of chronic hyperglycemia; and list general diabetic management guidelines.
Approved for 3.0 continuing education hours-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition
Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.