This course provides an advanced overview of Celiac Disease in children and adults. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: describe the prevalence, cause, and pathology of celiac disease; define the risk factors and symptoms of celiac disease; list the diagnostic methods used to detect celiac disease; outline recommended treatments for celiac disease; and identify how to implement practical solutions for maintaining a gluten-free environment.
Course is approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition
Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.