This course provides a comprehensive and technical overview of Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, also referred to as GERD. Learners will achieve the following objectives: define GERD; describe the symptoms and pathophysiology of GERD; review the complications associated with GERD; evaluate the impact of personality, stress, and psychology on GERD; and, identify treatment options for management of GERD.
Course is approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition
Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.