The following are the objectives for this course: define alarm fatigue; describe types of alarms in the hospital setting; discuss the scope of issues related to alarm fatigue; state factors that contribute to alarm fatigue; identify strategies to mitigate alarm fatigue; and apply the concept of alarm fatigue to true stories of alarm-related patient harm.
Course is approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category C
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.