This course provides an advanced overview of the history, pathophysiology, and diagnosis of nicotine dependence. Learners will achieve the following objectives: describe the history of tobacco; identify the epidemiology of tobacco use; recognize how nicotine creates dependence; characterize the patient populations with higher nicotine dependence; and explain the diagnosis, treatment options, and typical outcomes following treatment for nicotine dependence.
Course is approved for 4.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition Point(s)
(Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.