This course offers an overview of the bioethical issues impacting healthcare professionals regarding the use of stem cells. By the end of this course, learners will be able to: define stem cells and explain their use in medicine; identify the bioethical concerns about stem cells; and describe the current ethical guidelines given by the American Nurses Association and state and federal governments.
Course is approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition Point(s) (
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Course is approved for 2.0 ethics credits for Nurses, CCM, CRC, and CDMS. Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.