Upon completing this course, learners will be able to: articulate the major geriatric conditions that elderly patients might experience; identify key strategies to contend with conditions the elderly patients experience; discuss correlations between various geriatric conditions; identify the importance of developing effective interventions based on individual need; and identify nationally recognized screening tools to utilize in assessing for geriatric conditions.
Approved for 4.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hrs for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.