In this course, learners will achieve the following objectives: Recognize the challenges in caring for a multicultural elder care population; describe culturally appropriate practices in the healthcare workplace; explain how to implement practical solutions for overcoming cultural barriers in elder care.
Course is approved for 4.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.