Objectives of this course include: determine common causes of behaviors in persons with dementia; describe the most prevalent behaviors exhibited by persons with dementia; describe theories of behavior management; define person-centered care; and identify approaches care providers can use to assist a person with dementia during a behavior episode.
Approved for 2.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass the final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. The course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.