Objectives of this course include: define combative behavior in the context of caring for persons with dementia; implement the “5 Whys” to understand the reason for combative behavior in persons with dementia; and identify at least three intervention strategies effective at minimizing, managing, and preventing combative behavior in persons with dementia.
Approved for 2.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours for the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category B
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehab Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- Social Workers (NASW)
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2019.