This is a comprehensive course on ostomy care and related disease processes. Learners will achieve the following objectives: describe the procedure and resultant anatomy for major types of ostomy surgery; identify at least two professional certificates that specialize in ostomy care; identify pre and post-operative ostomy considerations; and describe patient teaching and discharge planning components necessary to facilitate successful transition from the hospital.
Course is approved for 4.0 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education Recognition
Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.