This is an advanced course on Skin Cancer (Non-Melanoma). Course objectives include: describe the biology and epidemiology of non-melanoma skin cancer; list genetic causes, symptoms, diagnostic methods, and treatments for Basal Cell Carcinoma; explain the precursors, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment types for Squamous Cell Carcinoma; recognize risk factors and utilize methods for decreasing the risk of skin cancer using prevention strategies and screening guidelines; and identify employer and workers’ comp claims implications related to skin cancer.
Course is approved for 4.5 continuing education units-CEUs-contact hours to the following professions:
- Nurses (RN, LVN, LPN) (all states)
- Critical Care RN (CCRN): meets the criteria for CCRN Synergy Continuing Education
Recognition Point(s) (CERPS) in Category A
- Certified Case Managers (CCM)
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC)
- Certified Disability Management Specialists (CDMS)
- CA Workers’ Comp Claims Adjusters
Must pass final quiz with 80% or more; may re-take as often as needed. Course will be updated or discontinued on or before July 31, 2023.